Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Reflection on Consecrated Life November 2015

CONSECRATED LIFE 
MONTHLY REFLECTION NOVEMBER 2015
                                     

LOOK TO THE PAST WITH GRATITUDE!
LIVE IN THE PRESENT WITH PASSION
EMBRACE THE FUTURE WITH HOPE!
Pope Francis’ circular letter, REJOICE to men and women in Consecrated Life for the year of Consecrated Life.

Opening Hymn: God has Chosen Me         Bernadette Farrell
 Psalm 16
Ant. When I see your face, O Lord, I shall know the fullness of joy.
Keep me safe, O God; in you I take refuge.
I say to the LORDyou are my Lord, you are my only good.
As for the holy ones who are in the land, they are noble, in whom is all my delight.
They multiply their sorrows who court other gods. Blood libations to them I will not pour out nor will I take their names upon my lips.LORD, my allotted portion and my cup, you have made my destiny secure. Pleasant places were measured out for me; fair to me indeed is my inheritance.
I bless the LORD who counsels me; even at night my heart exhorts me.
I keep the LORD always before me; with him at my right hand,
I shall never be shaken.
Therefore my heart is glad, my soul rejoices; my body also dwells secure,
For you will not abandon my soul to Sheol, nor let your devout one see the pit.
You will show me the path to life, abounding joy in your presence, 
the delights at your right hand forever.

(Personal Reflection)  Look at the Past with Gratitude

SHARING:

·        From our past, “What is your favorite story from Missionary Cenacle History?”
·        If I had to write a report on the condition of my spiritual and apostolic life from the past what would it be?  Why? 
       
2.- LIVE THE PRESENT WITH PASSION
Taken from the Ministry Inventory Pre- General Cenacle 2013
·        MSBTs minister to adults of all ages whose conversion to Christ is incomplete.
·        MSBTs have extensive experience with various programs aimed at welcoming inactive Catholics back to the Church or bringing about an experience of personal conversion and renewal.
·        MSBTs promote and support the MCA in several ways: as regional spiritual guides, by offering spiritual direction and retreats (including the MC Spiritual Exercises),
·        MSBTS carry on our long tradition of reaching out to people through missionary visiting to homes, public institutions, hospitals, nursing homes, college campuses, and juvenile and immigration detention centers.
·        Some MSBTs are involved in advocacy of various kinds, e.g., for victims of domestic violence and trafficking; for undocumented immigrants and immigrants isolated from their families; for the protection of children and the elderly from abuse, 
·        MSBTs also have educational ministries (apart from religious education), e.g., they provide leadership training, teach English as a Second Language, tutor youth, supervise student social workers, teach parenting skills, educate in an Adult Awareness and Safe Environment program, and so on.

TO SHARE AND REFLECT

“Yes,” he replied, “I have been there many times; I am acquainted with it and know all the roadsThen Tobias said to him,….. “Wait for me, young man, until I go in and tell my father; for I do need you to travel with me, … He replied, “All right, I will wait; but do not take too long.  Tobit 5: 6ff

Trusting  that the new is being  born and to allow oneself to be guided  by the Spirit requires courage and audacity to take the uncertainty and complexity of reality in constant transformation, recognizing that we do not have the last word, but we are one of the many voices and presences.

What are the actual signs that reveal to you new ways of living our charism?


Embrace the future with hope

No comments:

Post a Comment